For the public’s convenience, the Town of Bristol, Rhode Island has provided a list of locally-based community organizations that service the municipality. To add your club or organization to this list, please email our webmaster with your organization’s web address and mission. Business listings can be submitted to the Town’s tourism partner, Explore Bristol.
- Explore Bristol – Bristol’s non-profit tourism partner.
- East Bay Chamber of Commerce – Proudly supports businesses across Bristol, Warren, Barrington and southern Massachusetts.
- Bristol Merchants Association – Business collaborative and networking organization. Sub-organization of Explore Bristol.
Community Service Organizations
- East Bay Food Pantry – The mission of the EBFP is to “engage, educate, and empower the East Bay in creating a hunger-free community”. Food is available to anyone in need in the East Bay.
- East Bay Community Action Program (EBCAP) – Provide high-quality, comprehensive and accessible health and human services to residents in the region.
- Rhode Island 211 – The United Way of Rhode Island offers this free and confidential resource for assistance with housing, food, childcare, and so much more.
- Rhode Island Coalition for the Homeless – The Coalition works collaboratively to create and advance lasting solutions to prevent and end homelessness in Rhode Island.
- Benjamin Church Senior Center – Supports the independence, health, and well-being of active adults aged fifty and older.
- Bristol Housing Authority – Builds strong, sustainable, inclusive communities and quality affordable homes for individuals and families.
- East Bay Community Development Corporation (EBCDC) – Provides safe, affordable housing in the East Bay area throughout Bristol, Warren and Barrington.
Community Clubs & Organizations
- Bristol Adult Volleyball League – Provides recreational volleyball to its participants following the general rules of play as prescribed by USA Volleyball.
- Bristol Men’s Softball League – Provides recreation softball to participants.
- Benevolent and Protective Order of Elks – Promotes and practices the four cardinal virtues of Charity, Justice, Brotherly Love and Fidelity; to promote the welfare and enhance the happiness of its members; to quicken the spirit of American Patriotism and cultivate good fellowship.
- Bristol Rotary Club – Founded in 1929, the Rotary Club of Bristol is a fellowship and service organization of over 50 men and women dedicated to the Rotary motto of ‘Service Above Self’.
- Bristol County Statehouse Foundation – The Bristol Statehouse Foundation was organized in 1997 to acquire, restore and reuse the Statehouse building, located at 240 High St. on the Bristol Common.
Cultural & Historical Links
- Blithewold Mansion – Blithewold chronicles the remarkable lives of two generations of a prominent yet socially unpretentious American family.
- Herreshoff Marine Museum – Dedicated to the education and inspiration of the public through presentations of the history and innovative work of the Herreshoff Manufacturing Company and the America’s Cup competition.
- Bristol Theatre Company – Works to promote active participation in, and appreciation for, the theatre arts in the East Bay community, thereby providing educational and cultural enrichment.
- Bristol Historical & Preservation Society – Stimulates interest in the history of Bristol, Rhode Island, through education, research, and the collection and preservation of historic objects.
- Bristol Art Museum – BAM’s mission is to encourage the creation, promotion, and appreciation of the arts through rotating exhibitions and educational opportunities.
- Coggeshall Farm Museum – Get your hands dirty exploring the lives of ordinary tenant farmers living on the edge in 1799.
- Mt. Hope Farm – A 127-acre open space that is designated a national historic site.
- Linden Place Museum – Explore Bristol’s ‘Great House’, where generations of seafaring DeWolfs, Colts, and Barrymores entertained presidents and politicos.
- Bristol Train of Artillery – Bristol Train of Artillery Museum is an armory museum.
- Community Strings – Serving all youth in the East Bay area, regardless of income, through an innovative, school-based music program centered on string instruments.
- Roger Williams University – Inspiring and educating students to lead fulfilling lives.
- Bristol-Warren Regional School District – Providing 21st century learning for Bristol’s youth.
- Audubon Society of Rhode Island – Protects birds, other wildlife, and their habitat through conservation, education and advocacy for the better of people and all living things.
Places of Worship
- Bristol Medical Center – The Medical Associates of Rhode Island physicians offer care in a variety of specialties.
State Government Links
- State of Rhode Island
- Office of the Rhode Island Governor
- Rhode Island Secretary of State
- Rhode Island Department of Motor Vehicles
- Rhode Island Department of Transportation
- Rhode Island General Assembly
- Rhode Island Department of Education
- Senator Reed’s Office
- Senator Whitehouse’s Office
- Congressman Cecilline’s Office
- Congressman Langevin’s Office
Youth Organizations & Sports
- Girl Scouts of Rhode Island – Believes in the power of every G.I.R.L. (Go-getter, Innovator, Risk-taker, Leader)™ to change the world.
- Boy Scouts of Rhode Island – Provides an educational, character and citizenship building program to more than 13,000 youth in Southeastern New England.
- Bristol Youth Soccer
- Special Olympics of Rhode Island – Provides year-round sports training and competition in a variety of Olympic-type sports for children and adults with intellectual disabilities.
- East Bay Lacrosse Association
- East Bay Gymnastics
- King Philip Little League Baseball