This is a para-professional, part-time position within the Circulation Department of the Rogers Free Library. The position works under the direct supervision of the Collection and Circulation Librarian.
EXAMPLES OF WORK: (partial list)
- Completes circulation duties in the ILS system including checking materials in/out, registering patrons for cards, locating materials online and in the library, enforces patron privacy.
- Assists patrons with using and accessing library services and resources.
- Promotes library resources and programs.
- Maintains the accuracy of items on the reserve and collection shelves.
- Serves at the circulation desks during various shifts: mornings, afternoons, evenings, and weekends; flexible and set schedules available.
- Shelves library materials accurately and efficiently.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED essential, with advanced study (Associate’s degree or higher) desirable.
- Demonstrated “people” skills secured through retail or other public service experience.
- Good work ethic: punctuality in reporting for work, organizational skills, thoroughness in work completion, attention to detail.
- Competence in computer skills and willingness to learn new applications.
Qualified candidates only please submit resume, employment application to Library Director, 525 Hope Street, Bristol, RI 02809 or [email protected]. Preference will be given to applications received by 4 PM on 11/18/22. Posting will remain open until filled. E/O/E