The Rogers Free Library has a job opening for a Collection/Circulation Librarian.
Statement of Duties:
This is a full time, professional librarian position reporting to the Library Director, responsible for the overall management of Circulation, Acquisitions and Technical Services at the library. This includes serving as the coordinator/liaison of the ILS (integrated library system/catalog) and eZone (e-book/OverDrive/Libby) with OSL (Ocean State Libraries). This position requires general knowledge of ILS systems and functions which includes cataloging, web development tools and library acquisitions software.
Examples of Work:
The essential functions listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed and are not all inclusive.
- Supervise main circulation – answer staff and patron questions; create training and instruct staff in circulation procedures and guidelines; evaluate staff performance of circulation duties
- Oversee acquisitions processes, technologies and monitor budgets; train materials selectors in acquisitions software, guidelines and principles; create collection analysis reports
- Manage technical services – oversee all guidelines related to materials processing, collaborate to create juvenile collection processes and monitor related budgets
- Serve as library coordinator and representative for the library’s Integrated Library System with the Ocean State Libraries Consortium
Abilities, Skills, and Knowledge Required:
- This position requires general knowledge of all modules of the ILS, web development tools and library acquisitions software.
- Library policies and procedures, including automated circulation systems and information technology.
- Computer applications and how to troubleshoot common problems, including MS Office, Sierra, and EnvisionWare.
- Work independently.
- Handle a great many details, often simultaneously, with accuracy and composure.
- Communicate effectively with others, both verbally and in writing.
- Work collaboratively with other staff members in a supportive team atmosphere.
Minimum Qualifications/Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- Master’s in Library Science from an ALA-accredited institution;
- At least one year as a professional or para-professional librarian; or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Demonstrated experience with MS Office, GSuite ILS Systems, EnvisionWare, Constant Contact, or similar platforms.
- A genuine desire and ability to interact pleasantly and effectively with the public is essential.
- Must be able to lift/move/carry up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Usual office working conditions. Potential minimal exposure to noise, dust, inclement weather, temperature fluctuations.
- Frequently required to sit, stand, walk, and talk for potentially long periods of time. This includes using a computer monitor, monitor(s), keyboard, and mouse to complete many of the daily tasks as well as usual office equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
This is a $45,000 per year, full-time, non-union position with 37.5 hours minimum per week. This may include some night and weekend hours. This position will follow Town of Bristol Employee Handbook and the Non-Union Employee Benefits Summary.
The Rogers Free Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other protected status under federal, state, or local laws. All employees must be eligible for employment in the United States.
Qualified candidates only please submit resume, employment application to Library Director, 525 Hope Street, Bristol, RI 02809, or to [email protected] Preference will be given to applications received by 4 PM on 11/18/22. Posting will remain open until filled. E/O/E