Local businesses can take advantage of two grant opportunities to improve their place of business and the experience they provide their staff and patrons.
Workplace Accessibility Grant
The Workplace Accessibility Grant Program promotes employment and economic opportunity for individuals with disabilities through investment in accessible workplaces.
It provides a 100% reimbursement for eligible costs up to $5,000 per calendar year.
All Rhode Island employers with fewer than twenty-five (25) employees and who meet the eligibility requirements outlined in the program guide may apply.
For complete program and application information please click here >
Rhode Island Commerce announced its RI Rebounds program, the Ventilation Initiative, a grant program that reimburses small businesses up to $10,000 for expenses incurred to improve indoor air quality. Eligible projects include:
- Installing a higher-grade filter within an existing air handling unit
- Central HVAC installation, repair, or balancing
- HVAC UVGI system installation
- Adding a portable fan filter unit (PFFU)
- Adding an indoor air purifier
- Adding a window or windows to a small business
- Adding a ceiling fan, exhaust fan, or box fan to help distribute air
- Receipt of an indoor airflow and quality assessment
For complete details and application information, click here >
Applications are being accepted on a rolling basis.
If you have any questions regarding the Ventilation Initiative, please contact: [email protected]