Town-wide parking bans will be set by the Town Administrator when any measurable amount of snowfall is forecast for the area. These parking bans are necessary to facilitate the successful and timely curb to curb plowing of streets and sidewalks by the Department of Public Works.
During a snow ban, all vehicles must be removed from all public streets to driveways, private property or to the following designated snow emergency parking lots:
- Cup Defenders – 230 Wood Street, access from Richmond Street.
- Guiteras School – Washington Street.
- St. Mary’s Church – Wood Street.
- State Street Lot – Across from the Statesman Tavern
- Bristol Town Common- asphalt areas only.
- VFW – Park in the spaces on the Creek Lane side only.
- Our Lady Mt. Carmel Church- State Street (Behind the Parish Center).
- Veterans Park- park in the lot on the East side of Wood St.
- Thames Street Lot (Prudence Island Ferry Lot) Between Rockwell Park & Firefighter’s Memorial Park.
- St. Elizabeth’s Church Lot- Wood Street.
Parking bans are announced on local television stations 6, 10 & 12, on this website and the Bristol Police Department’s Facebook account; www.facebook.com/BristolPD
± For information about the setting or lifting of parking bans, residents should consult standard radio, TV broadcasts and the weather channel or sign up for text alerts (see below).
Vehicles remaining on town roads that are not following parking ban regulations will be ticketed and towed per town ordinance. Sec 16-3 Snow Emergency Ordinance
Motorists opting to park in any emergency snow lot must remove their vehicles within one (1) hour from the end of the parking ban. Vehicles remaining in these lots after the one hour time frame are subject to being ticketed and towed.
± Residents can also stay informed while on the go by signing up for text alerts, provided by the RI Broadcasters Association. Please visit RI Broadcasters Association to sign up for text messages with respect to the delay or closing of schools, businesses, or parking ban information.