Online Police Reporting

The Police Department has created this page for you to file a report with our agency. 

If this is an emergency, please dial 9-1-1.

This system is not a way to replace your interaction with a live police officer, however it was created to provide a convenient alternative for citizens to report non-emergent situations that have occurred within the confines of the Town of Bristol, RI.

Individuals who choose to utilize this system will be able to file a report from the comfort of their home or office. An officer will follow-up you in a timely fashion.

Filing a false police report is a crime and is punishable by law.

RIGL § 11-32-2

Online Filing Requirements

You may use the Online Reporting System if your report:

  • DOES NOT involve an Active Crime in Progress, such as an assault, burglary, or a breaking and entering. Dial 9-1-1.
  • DOES NOT involve a Domestic Violence Related Crime. Dial 9-1-1.
  • DOES NOT involve a Missing Person, Missing Child or Runaway. Dial 9-1-1.
  • DOES NOT involve the loss of Firearms or Prescription Medications. Dial 401-253-6900.
  • IT DOES involve Abandoned Vehicles, Bullying, Harassing Phone Calls, E-Mails, Texts, Cyber Harassment, Lost Property.
  • IT DOES involve Vandalism (Motor Vehicle or Property).
  • IT DOES involve Fraudulent Use of Credit Cards, Identity Theft.
  • IT DOES involve Theft – Theft of Vehicle Parts, Identity Theft, Theft of Mail/Packages, Theft from Vehicles and Burglary Supplement.
  • OR IF There are no “Known Suspects.”
  • OR IF There was no physical evidence left at the scene.

If your incident does not meet the criteria above, please contact us at (401) 253-6900 to speak to a dispatcher.

Report stolen vehicles, accidents, and hit and run accidents at (401) 253-6900 in order to have an officer present.

Please complete the following form in order to file an online police report. In the appropriate fields, please include your telephone number and an E-Mail address so that the investigating officer can contact you regarding your complaint.

Most reports are available within 72-Hours. Person(s) wishing to request a copy of their report may complete a Public Records Request here.