The Bristol Police Department is currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Police Officer. Applicants must meet the following minimum requirements:
GENERAL ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
All applicants for the position of police officer must meet the following standards and requirements:
- Must be a United States citizen
- Must be at least 21 years of age on or before appointment to a probationary police officer
- Must possess a valid motor vehicle operator’s license
- Shall have satisfactorily completed four years of accredited high school or the equivalent thereof.
- If he/she has served in the armed forces of the United States or a foreign country, he/she shall have received a discharge therefrom under honorable conditions.
- Must be of good moral character and habits and successfully passed a background investigation.
- Must be in good health and meet physical, medical, and psychological requirements for entry into the Rhode Island Municipal Police Academy.
Probationary Patrol Officer (year 1) $59,673.22.
Second Class Patrol Officer (year 2) $62,602.85.
First Class Patrol Officer (year 3) $70,771.41.
If you are interested in a rewarding career with the Bristol Police Department, applications may be obtained beginning Wednesday, November 9, 2022 by clicking here.
Applications must be submitted no later than 11:59 PM on Friday, February 3, 2023.
For an in-depth benefits package and requirements, please see the Applicant Handbook by clicking here.
AN EQUAL-OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Town of Bristol is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply.
To view a printable version of this Police Officer Recruitment notice, please click here.