UPDATE: December 17th, 2020 2:30 PM
BRISTOL, RI- The Town of Bristol is lifting the parking ban as of 3:00 PM EST. Please note: Cars that are parked in emergency lots must be moved within one hour of the parking ban being lifted. Thank you for your cooperation.
UPDATE: December 17th, 2020 6:30 AM
BRISTOL, RI- Due to the current winter weather conditions, the Bristol Transfer Station will be closed today, December 17th, 2020.
December 16th, 2020 11:30 AM
BRISTOL, RI-The National Weather Service has issued a Winter Storm Warning for Bristol, Rhode Island from tonight, December 16th, at 7:00 PM through tomorrow December 17th, 2020 at 1:00 PM. Snow accumulation is forecasted to be between 6-11 inches, with wind gust as high as 45 MPH.
In preparation for the winter storm, the Town of Bristol is taking the following precautions:
- Bristol Town Hall and municipal offices will be closed tomorrow, December 17th, 2020.
- Trash and recycling collection will still occur, but pick-up times may be later in the day due to weather conditions. In the event that trash is not picked up on Thursday, it will be picked up Friday.
- A parking ban is in effect from 9:00 PM EST tonight, December 16th, 2020, until further notice.
During the parking ban, all vehicles must be moved off the street to accommodate emergency vehicles and crews.
For your convenience, the Town has included a list of off-street parking locations available downtown.
Alternative Parking Locations
|Parking Lot Name||Location|
|Cup Defenders Lot||230 Wood Street (Entrance on Richmond St.)|
|Guiteras School Lot||Washington Street|
|St. Mary’s Church Lot||Wood Street|
|State Street Lot||Lower State Street|
|Town Common||Corner of State and High Street|
|VFW Lot||Creek Lane|
|Our Lady of Mt. Carmel Lot||State Street Behind Parish Center|
|Veteran’s Park Lot||Wood Street (East Side)|
|Prudence Island Parking Lot||Southern Thames Street|
|St. Elizabeth Church Lot||Wood Street|
- Vehicles must be removed from Emergency Parking Lots within one hour of the lifting of the parking ban.
- Deposit of snow on public property, including street & sidewalks is prohibited.
- Persons violating the above provisions are subject to fines.
The Town of Bristol will continue to monitor weather conditions and provide updates as needed. To sign up for Bristol’s emergency notification service or review other local emergency resources, please visit the Town’s Emergency Management page using the button below.
Thank you for your cooperation.